When children are young, it can sometimes be difficult to determine their needs. If they are struggling with vision issues, these problems may be attributed to other causes. Because vision problems can be corrected if detected early enough, it is important to determine if your child needs glasses from a pediatric eye doctor in Chillicothe, OH as soon as possible. Watch for the following indicators to help discover if your child is experiencing vision issues that require corrective lenses:
- The head tilt: Does your child cover one eye or tilt his or her head? They may be doing this to adjust their angle of vision to make their view clearer. If so, this could indicate they are struggling with amblyopia, or lazy eye. Bring them to your pediatric optometrist in Chillicothe, OH to receive an eye exam to determine if this is the issue.
- The squint: If you notice your child is squinting, they may be doing this to improve their focus. They may need glasses to improve clarity. Contact your pediatric eye doctor in Chillicothe, OH if you notice your child is squinting.
- The close-up: Are you frequently telling your child to move back from the TV or hold their device farther from their eyes? They may be having a hard time seeing objects far away. This condition, called myopia, or nearsightedness, is easily corrected with glasses. Bring them in for an eye exam to determine what, if any, prescription they need to allow them to see distances.
- The rub: Eyestrain or fatigue can cause your child to rub their eyes excessively. If you notice they often rub their eyes, they should be checked for vision problems.
- The headache: If a child overexerts their eyes during the day to compensate for vision issues, they may suffer headaches by the end of the day. If they are complaining of headaches or eye pain, they may need glasses.
- The grades: If your child is struggling with their schoolwork, this could be due to a plethora of reasons. One of the common ones is vision problems. Have their eyes checked by your pediatric eye doctor in Chillicothe, OH to determine if they are having trouble seeing the board, textbook and other things they must focus on to do their work properly.
If your child needs glasses, keep in mind that the reason may be one of many. Glasses do more than improve clarity to view near or far objects. Wearing glasses can help children in a variety of ways:
- Improve vision
- Strengthen vision
- Correct eye positioning
- Provide protection for poor vision in one eye
Keep Things Clear
To protect your child’s life-long vision, keep a close watch on their eye health. If you notice any of the above issues, don’t hesitate to contact your pediatric optometrist in Chillicothe, OH. Schedule an eye exam to determine exactly what issues your child is struggling with and get them the corrective lenses they need. The earlier any issues are discovered, the better your child’s vision will be.
This post was written by Writer