At some point in their lives, most Americans will experience eye problems. There is a range of common conditions. Some are minor and will go away with no treatment. Others need a minimal amount of treatment, and still others will need long-term attention.
If you’re experiencing eye problems, you should know that help is out there. A qualified and trusted eye doctor in Chillicothe, OH can provide helpful guidance, an accurate diagnosis and a complete treatment program. Let’s take a look at some common eye issues and how to go about resolving them:
- Red eyes: When your eyes are irritated, the blood vessels expand, hence the expression “bloodshot eyes.” This could be from something simple like lack of sleep or an allergic reaction. However, having red eyes for a long period could mean you have a condition like conjunctivitis or sun damage. In these cases, you’ll want to seek professional help.
- Night blindness: Do you have trouble seeing while you drive at night? This symptom could be a sign of a serious condition like cataracts. It’s also possibly a degenerative condition. Your optometrist can discuss treatment options with you based on the root of the problem.
- Lazy eye: This issue is when one eye doesn’t develop properly and appears to be unable to stay in one place. This condition is most common in infants, children and teenagers. By seeking help early on in life, lazy eye can be reversed through the use of corrective lenses or contacts.
- Eyestrain: This is a very common problem in our tech-focused society. Most people work at computer screens all day, and then look at their phones frequently during their personal time. The combination means your eyes get tired. Limiting your screen time is a good start. If that doesn’t work, then you should consider seeing your eye doctor.
- Floaters: These specks that cross your field of vision are typically nothing to be concerned about, but if you begin seeing dark shadows appearing around the specks and the problem doesn’t go away, then you’ll want to consult an optometrist. This could be a sign of a serious condition: retinal detachment.
- Dry eyes: This is a syndrome that nearly half of people experience at one time or another. The root cause is related to the eye’s ability to produce tears. When it doesn’t produce enough moisture, you will have dry, irritated eyes. You can take some initial steps on your own to address this, such as running a humidifier in your home and using eye moisturizing drops.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it might be a wise idea to seek the help of a professional eye doctor in Chillicothe, OH. Price Family Eye Care Professionals LLC offers eye care services tailored to our patients’ needs. When you’re looking for eye exams, glasses, contacts or pediatric eye care, we’re here for you.
We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality eye care with a personal touch. Contact us today to learn more and for a free consultation.
Categorised in: Eye Doctor
This post was written by Writer