How long has it been since you’ve updated your glasses prescription or had an eye exam? If it’s been longer than two years, your eyes have probably changed slightly, and it might be time for an upgrade.
One of the most common problems people who wear eyeglasses in Chillicothe, OH face is knowing when it is the right time to get new glasses. Some people go for years without an upgrade, only to be shocked when they get new lenses and discover the world clearly again. The reason this happens is because vision changes incrementally over time, so you might not even realize you are having trouble seeing until it is really difficult.
In general, you should go get an eye exam once every two years, or once a year if you are older than 60 or at higher risk for poor vision. During the exam, your eye doctor will be able to determine whether you need new glasses or not.
If your prescription has changed, you may need to purchase new eyeglasses frames to get new glasses, or you might be able to have new lenses fitted to your current glasses.
Signs it’s time for an exam
If it’s been a little while since your last eye appointment but you are unsure of whether or not you need to see an optometrist, here are some signs that indicate you need to get an eye exam and upgrade to new glasses:
- Inability to see clearly: The most obvious sign you need an eye exam is when you notice you aren’t able to see things as clearly as you used to. Poor vision may not be very noticeable at first, but one way to tell is if you find yourself squinting to see clearly.
- Headaches: Eyestrain caused by poor vision can cause frequent headaches, since your eyes are working harder to make out objects and letters around you.
- Broken glasses: If your glasses are damaged or broken, you should get a new pair, even if your prescription hasn’t changed. Your frames are designed to sit at a specific place near your eyes, and broken glasses can alter your vision if they don’t sit properly.
- New technology: Technology for eyeglasses in Chillicothe, OH is constantly evolving. Improvements in glasses technology now allows you to avoid glare from computer screens, implement sunglasses into your existing frames and much more. If you want some of these cooler features, it may be time for an upgrade.
- Fashion: Glasses frames often speak to our personalities, since they sit on our faces every day. If you decide you don’t like the way your frames look anymore, get an eye exam to make sure your prescription hasn’t changed and purchase a new pair that suits you better!
Do you need new glasses to see more clearly? Visit Price Family Eye Care Professionals LLC to receive an eye exam and shop our wide selection of eyeglasses in Chillicothe, OH. We’ve served families and individuals with our variety of eye care services for over 35 years! We can also test for glaucoma and cataracts and give LASIK consultations. Call today to make an appointment.
Categorised in: Eyeglasses
This post was written by Writer